I was in charge in a PoC for a customer which their use case was a simple one, but took a couple of time for me to solve it based on the following error: Enrollment CertStat: NOT_VALID.
Use Case: Use TrueSSO to access a Active Directory application using RADIUS authentication.
If you’re not familiar with VMware TrueSSO and VMware Workspace One Access (formely VMware Identity Manager), I invite you to check those great blog posts from VMware:
During my research, I found some articles and a VMware KB showing possible ways why VMware Enrollment Server was not online.
So I start my troubleshooting:
- Customer renewed CA Certificate in the past;
- VMware Enrollment Server was able to request Certificate using TrueSSO Template previously created;
- I used the True SSO Diagnostic Utility to gain visibility and I found the following, using the command line: vdmutil –authAs poweruser –authDomain virtual –authPassword ******** –truesso –environment –list –enrollmentServer es.virtual.lab –domain virtual.lab
Those were the steps I took for correct this problem:
- Access pkiview.msc into customer ADCS:
- Right click into Enterprise PKI and select Manager AD Containers;
- On NTAuthCertificates, I were able to see only one certificate (old one);
- Exported the new CA that has been created from ADCS and imported into this view:
- Service has been restarted:
net stop certsvc && net start certsrv
Now customer was able to move forward into TrueSSO configuration steps:
I wish this solution can bring yours, in case you’re facing this kind of error as well.
Enjoy the ride!